Dr Sunder Rajdeep has forwarded the following to me:
Senior Research Associate - Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS) Program (Job Number: 1400000010)
ICF International, which implements the Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS) program, is seeking to hire a Senior Research Associate to work on analytical studies on demographic and health issues in developing countries. The researcher will conduct data analysis, systematic literature reviews, and prepare publishable multi-country reports and papers. The researcher will also help to conduct analysis workshops and provide training and analytical assistance to collaborators from developing countries. Please review the DHS program website at www.measuredhs.com to learn more about the DHS program.
The position is based at the DHS program at ICF International's metro-accessible office in Rockville, Maryland, USA. The researcher may be required to travel to developing countries as needed (up to 25% of time).
· Ph.D. in a relevant social science or public health field (demography, behavioral sciences, epidemiology/biostatistics, international health).
· Familiarity with population and health issues in developing countries.
· Experience with analysis of large survey data sets, systematic reviews of literature, multivariate statistical methods, and major statistical software, such as STATA or SPSS.
· Excellent writing skills with demonstrated ability to quickly prepare publishable-quality manuscripts.
· Excellent communication, training, and presentation skills. Experience conducting trainings a plus.
· 5+ years post-Ph.D. work experience in a relevant field preferred.
· Experience working in a team environment with people of diverse backgrounds.
· Knowledge of French strongly preferred; knowledge of Spanish, Arabic, or Russian will also be considered a plus.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.