About Print and Electronic Media, Online Newspapers, Journalism Schools, Communication Research and journalists.
Media plays an important role in international, bilateral and diplomatic relations. In this age of information technology both contemporary and new media is playing important role in informing and keeping people update about international relations and affairs. Now the practice and patterns of diplomacy is also changing. Countries are deciding strategic and diplomatic relations on the basis of reports in media, what they are getting from different social platforms and other outlets of information. In a globalized world when countries are working together in different areas such as economic, political, geopolitical, defense, security and science and technology. Media plays an important role in keeping them update about the actual and ground level realities about different countries. Now diplomacy do not goes behind the closed doors but is getting influenced by public platforms available on Internet. In the information age when information access is easy people are more eager to know and also getting more exposure to what is happening all around the world. They are more open to express their views and opinions about what is affecting to them and what is needed to be done. Some times they oppose the government decisions or actions on some issues, sometimes they give their views on social media platforms on what is needed to be done. In todays scenario when social media has changed the way government works and takes decision on important issues, they also have realised that it is not good to avoid people's views which comes from digital platforms. States and governments are taking these changes very seriously and taking decisions and making policies accordingly.
In changing geopolitical situation when advanced technology is affecting all areas of life and some set definitions are changing in the areas of international affairs and diplomacy. Now there are new parameters for negotiations and diplomatic relations. In today's globalized world when only few Western countries are dominating the world slowly we are observing emerging changes when again different poles are active. In such scenario meaning of diplomacy and international relations is changing and so media’s role specifically role of new media is also changing. Now new terms such as e- diplomacy has emerged.
This book will examine how new media is important in international relations and diplomatic affairs? What role new media is playing in international relations? India’s relations with south Asian countries and role of media diplomacy. India’s relations with International community and role of e-diplomacy. People's participation in discussion and dialogue in International relations and its impact in diplomatic policies. Relation between people's participation and deciding policies and national level. Positive and negative impacts of people centric policy decisions at national and international level. Need of change in training of diplomats in the age of new media and diplomacy. Social media diplomacy and its role in establishing democracy. People's view on social media - a threat or an opportunity. Increasing role of new media and changing practice of international diplomacy.
This book will help in understanding changing practices in media diplomacy, how new media is changing set definitions of media diplomacy, how and why countries are changing their policies for diplomacy including media diplomacy, how contemporary and new media is helping and will transform old practices of diplomacy, how media is helping, developing better understanding between countries and people.
This book is in the context of impact of media (both contemporary and new media) on diplomatic affairs. It help in understanding role of communication technology in resolving regional and international issues and in providing platform where government and citiznes are interacting and expressing their views on issues like international affairs and diplomacy.
This book will analyse the fact that how communication technology is providing a platform to the people where they can put their views on serious matters such as diplomatic relations, how public dialogue on internet is forcing governmwnts to take peoples views in making and shaping policies, how communication technology is forcing government to make people centric policies, how communication technology is helping in adopting a soft approach in handling hard issues of countries.
· New media diplomacy in the context of South Asia
· Internet and Diplomacy - How relevant it is for democracy
· Role of new media diplomacy in changing contemporary diplomatic practices
· E - Diplomacy - a gateway to interfere another country's diplomatic affairs
· New media diplomacy - a challenge to contemporary media
· Media coverage to international affairs - Changing journalism practices in contemporary media and challenges from new media
· Cultural, economic, political differences and diversity in South Asian region and role of E - Diplomacy
· E - Diplomacy and changing practices
· E - Diplomacy - An effective channel for maintaining healthy diplomatic relations or a platform for publicity and propaganda
· Role of non actors in E - Diplomacy
· How e - diplomacy helped India in maintaining diplomatic relations with South Asian countries and with International community - A case study
· Role of e - diplomacy at the time of International crisis - A case study
· Challenges of contemporary diplomatic practices and role of e- Diplomacy is providing new ways
· Future of e - Diplomacy in Indian and South Asian regions context
· Open Dialogue and Discussion on virtual platforms - is it just creating a chaos or playing important role in shaping diplomatic relations