I have received the following forwarded mail from Dr Keval J kumar:
Journal of Creative Communications
Special Double Issue on ‘Indian Cinema/Indian Film Studies’
The Journal of Creative Communications, a referred journal from Sage Publications, proposes to bring out a Special Double Issue on ‘Indian Cinema/Indian Film Studies’ to mark the centenary of the world’s largest film industry. While the history and ‘globalisation’ of popular Hindi cinema (also termed Bollywood) has been well documented, the other cinemas of India (in Telugu, Tamil, Bengali, Bhojpuri, and Marathi, for instance), have been largely overlooked in Indian film studies. This Special Double Issue of JOCC invites film researchers, particularly in these ‘other cinemas’, to submit scholarly papers on the subject. Research papers could relate to any of the following topics:
1. Political economy of popular Hindi and other Indian language cinemas.
2. Production, Distribution and Exhibition Processes: How they have changed with the multiplex phenomenon.
3. New developments in ‘Art’ or ‘Parallel’ Cinema.
4. ‘Spectatorship’: The Audience/s of India’s many cinemas.
5. Popular Indian cinema and the diaspora.
6. Theorising Indian cinema.
7. The ‘Bollywoodisation’ of Indian cinema
8. Indian cinema, television, and the ‘New’ Digital Media.
9. New strategies in film marketing.
10. Independent documentary film-making in English and Indian languages.
Details of the publication are on the Sage website:crc.sagepub.com/content/
Deadline for submission of full papers: 6th January, 2013.
Please also submit an Abstract (200 words) and keywords (five) and profile of author/s (50 words) together with full papers (5000-7500 words, including references and tables).
For any further queries, please write to:
Dr. Keval J. Kumar
Guest Editor: Special double Issue on Indian Cinema/Indian Film Studies.
(Adjunct Professor, Mudra Institute of Communicatons, Ahmedabad (MICA)).
DR. KEVAL J. KUMAR
Adjunct Professor, Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad (MICA)
Adjunct Faculty, Indira School of Communication, Pune.
Visiting Faculty, International School of Business and Media (ISBM), Pune
Mobile: 9822829085. Phone (Home): 020-25651018.