The Department with an objective to facilitate the academic interaction with media expert’s, political thinkers, journalists, and to provide exposure to media world, is organizing a National Seminar on “Journalism and Society” on March 1 and 2, 2012
“Journalism and Society”.
Ø Rural Development
Ø Development Reporting
Ø Journalism in Education and Education in Journalism
Ø Journalism and Public Awareness
Ø Page 3 and society
Ø Social Media and Public Participation
Ø Journalism and Ethics
Call for papers:
We invite papers from participants and the thrust of papers should conform to the main theme and sub themes.
- Papers on the main theme and sub-themes of the seminar are invited for presentation.
- The paper shall be neatly typed in 1.5 spaces in M.S Word using 12 font sizes in Times New Roman font type.
- Participants who wish to present paper related to any one of the sub-themes are required to send an abstract of not more than 500 words on or before January 15th 2013.
- The selected papers will be confirmed by January 17th 2013.
- Last Date for the submission of full paper: 20-01-2013
- Paper must be original in nature; the author has to duly acknowledge the sources in the foot note.
- Paper can also be conceptual, analytical case studies or empirical in nature.
- The authors have to give bibliography at the end of paper.
- In case of joint authors, one of the authors will be eligible to present the paper.
- The paper presentation will be in the PowerPoint presentation format and open discussion.
- The time limit for presentation of paper will be intimated at the seminar venue.
- Abstracts and full paper can be mailed to email@example.com.
The two day conference will be attended by media professionals, research scholars, academics from the field of media and communication. It will provide an open platform to critically analyze the interface between journalism and society.
Competitions for Students
- Candid - Street Shots
- Maximum 2 photos from one candidate.
- Photos should be 8x12 in size.
- Originality is expected, edited photos shall not be entertained.
- Photos should not publish any where before.
- Soft and Hard Copy of Photo Prints should reach on or before January 30th 2013.
- Group Competition:
- Mad Add
Only 6 members in a team, Time: 3+1 Min.
Only 2 members in a team, Time: 30 Min.
- News Bulletin
Only 2 members in a Team, Time: 1.30 Hours, Size: A3, Black and White
- Individual Competitions:
- TV News Anchoring
1 member from one college, Time: 3 Minutes. Script and Recording facility will be provided.
- Piece to Camera (P to C)
1 member from one college, Time: 1 Minute.
- Feature Writing
One member from one college, Time: 30 minutes.
- Report Writing
One member from one college, Time: 20 minutes.
- Topics for the above Competitions will be given on spot.
- Team should bring all the required materials.
- Registration fee for professionals/Academicians, Research Scholars – Rs. 400.
- For student participants registration fee Rs. 150.
- Registration fee includes boarding and lodging (For accommodation kindly intimate in advance)
- Last date for registration is 20th Feb.2013.
- For more registration form use photocopy or download from the websitewww.sdmujire.in
- The registration form and correspondence regarding the conference should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Smt. Kalpana Sharma
Senior Journalist and Columnist and
The Hindu, Mumbai
Sri. G N Mohan
Samaya TV (Kannada), Bangalore
Sri. Ishwar Daitote
Sri. Dinesh Amin Mattu
Sri. S K Sheshachandrike
For More Information Contact
Prof. Bhaskar Hedge
Sri. Hampesh K.S
Mobile No: 9448911926 Mobile No: 9845183586
Department of Mass Communication and Journalism,
Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatesheshwara College, Ujire,
D.K. District, Karnataka – 574240
Telephone No (O) 08256-236101