MICA needs Research Assistant/Research Associate
Qualification and Experience
First class postgraduate in Media, Communications or Humanities, having basic understanding of research methodology/methods.Should preferably have one or two year’s experience, either in academics or industry in media. Excellent IT skills are a must.
Research Assistant/Research Associate will participate in a mix of academic, research and self-development tasks.
1. Provide assistance and support to faculty members in teaching and evaluation, development of courses and teaching material, research projects, MDPs etc. and undertake the material development and research work jointly with faculty members.
2. Assist the faculty in developing methodologies, implementation of research projects, importing data into analysis software, basic data analysis and generation of reports.
3. Develop process for completing projects and be responsible for producing and maintaining up-to-date documentation of such process.
4. Assist in grant preparation.
5. Implement research design such as FGDs, experiments, gathering data, analysing data, keeping accurate records of experimental data and procedures, writing papers, preparing talks and PPTs for meetings and reviewing literature.
6. Attend seminars or meetings and document proceedings; present the results of research in seminars, posters, manuscripts, or other appropriate formats.
7. Research assistant/associate will be encouraged to write conference papers and pursue PhD during his/her tenure at the institute.
Research Assistants will be paid a stipend of Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 25, 000 and Research Associates will be paid Rs. 25000 to Rs. 30,000 per month depending on qualification, experience, merit and performance in the interview. Candidates with exceptional experience and with good academic record will be given higher start.
Appointments will be made purely on contract basis for a period of one year initially and renewable annually based on performance.
How to Apply
Please email your applications to email@example.com line as “Application forResearch Assistant”. Applications should have (a) covering letter (b) latest updated CV and (c)Copies of papers published/conference presentations.
Applications can also be sent by post to: The Assistant Manager (HR), MICA, Shela, Ahmedabad – 380058.