Thursday 15 September 2011

Utility of the Mediasceneinindia blog

I had sent a mail recently to request all those whom I had been sending this blog to let me know if I should delete their e-mail address from my contact list. There are over 800 of them. Nobody asked me delete his/her name. Some insisted that I should continue to keep them informed about the Media Scene in India.
Very often communication teachers, when they meet me, say that they get to know through this blog, details about conferences, seminars, and workshops organised by media schools. Only last week, I met two vice chancellors, professors, researcher scholars, and senior journalists. They too asked me to keep it up.

I feel happy when mails like this reach me unexpectedly:
I want to express my thanks to you for sending me very important mails. As a research student the information is valuable for me. Thus I connect with the research activities of various universities. Your expertise and kindness as a mentor is  invaluable.  I can now look forward to my future.Thank you so much for your professional and effective help.
I have sent my abstract entitled "Media Convergence Energizing the Worldwide Integrated Ethical Frame for Communication".  [Under proposed Theme: Ethics in Diversified Communication]. I inspired [& dare too] to  send the same only because 'Guru' like you. Thank you so much.

Apologize for the delay to reply. I value our professional relationship. This will never happen again.
Sincerely,

Trupti Vilas Diggikar
Research student,
Mass Communication & Journalism,
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University
Aurangabad.

I request all of you, particulars heads of media schools and organisers of various activities to mail me the details well in advance so that research students and faculty everywhere can be benefited. 

Yours,

Kiran Thakur


4 comments:

T.Sripathy said...

Professor,

Media Scene in India blog has became route map for students, professors and professionals for
their career development. I have pleasure to share with you, thanks to Media Scene in India for carrying notification on Book Chapter request for Professor Eapen Memorial Book Volume.Overwelming response from teachers and professionls across the country, which made us to extend the due date for submission of abstracts. Thanks to 'Media Scene in India' T.Sripathy,Asst.Professor - Electronic Media, Department of Studies in Electronic Media, Bangalore University,Palace Road, Bangalore - 560 009.
e-mail: t.Sripathy@gmail.com

Nidhi Shendurnikar said...

Sir, I am research fellow at the Maharaja SayajiRao University of Baroda...have been pursuing my doctorate in the field of Conflict Communication. I appreciate the efforts made by this blog to keep journalism and communication students updated with news about various seminars and conferences. Earlier it was a bit challenging for students and research scholars to find information about such events in the field, but now this blog has become the common venue for many researchers and scholars to come and find out about the various research activities taking place. Apart from this, there are other articles and inputs from your end that have proved to be a good read. I wish this blog continues to guide students in the same manner that it is doing presently.

Nidhi Shendurnikar
Junior Research Fellow
MSU, Baroda

Anonymous said...

Sir, I am Dona Baroi doing Media Science form NSHM, kolkata. This is the last year of my course (5th semester). I am willing to do an internship under your expert guidance. I'll be waiting for your kind response.
Thank you.

Django said...

Dear Sir,
I have been following your blog for more than two years now. It has been the biggest guide for me to know and acquire knowledge pertaining to the media research scene in India, one thing I am going to pursue soon.

I am an alumni of Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, and your posts have not only benefited me but my friends too with whom I share the information.

I keep a regular tab on your blog.

Thanks for being a selfless Guru all the while.